It is a great pleasure to welcome you to our Abbey. We would like you to feel completely at home here and spend your time fruitfully. The Guest House is a part of the monastery – the home of the monks who pray and work here. We invite you to enter this sacred space and experience the pervasive Holy Spirit. It was almost 1000 years ago when people set out on their personal quest for God in this place. If you wish to, you can join the monks in their work and in their prayers. You can also speak individually to the Fathers. We hope that you will find here the blessing of a true peace.
Monks and Employees of the Tyniec Abbey
Benedictine hospitality provides you with:
-breakfast (buffet style) included in the price of the room
-delicious meals prepared in the Abbey – mainly Polish cuisine
-professional and kind service
-an ability to hear the Gregorian chant
-an ability to take part in the Liturgy of the Hours
-an ability to have a spiritual conversation with a monk
-a guide who will show you around the Abbey and tell you about the history and the tradition of the Tyniec Abbey
-an ability to join the monks in their work and in their prayers.
-an ability to take a walk in the beautiful Abbey’s garden
-for men who would like to, there is a possibility to eat meals together with the monks in the monastery refectory
In the Abbey you will find:
-Saint Peter and Paul Church
-Museum connected with the history and the tradition of the Abbey
-Restaurant “Mnisze co nieco”
-Café with an observation deck and a beautiful view on the Vistula River
-Shop where you can buy Benedictine products
Prices are given in Polish Złoty currency (PLN) and the price given on the left is a basic price/ individual stay, while the price on the right is a price within participation in workshops or retreats)
„Opatówka” – Standard rooms (room + bathroom in the corridor, old wing of the Abbey, building without elevator)
1 person Standard 80 65
2 people Standard 140 120
3 people Standard 180 165
2 people Standard Plus 200 180
The Great Ruin – Comfort Rooms (room with bathroom, new wing of the Abbey, building with the elevator)
1 person Comfort 170 150
2 people Comfort 250 230
3 people Comfort 330 290
4 people Comfort 350 330
-VAT and breakfast (buffet style) is included in the price of the room
– Stanisław Szczygielski and Magdalena Mortęska rooms in “Opatówka” are treated as Comfort rooms
Information for Guests:
-there is a possibility to buy the meals prepared in the Abbey’s kitchen, the price of the dinner is 28 PLN, the price of the supper is 20 PLN
-Check-in: from 4 PM, check-out: until 10 AM
-while check-in Guests receive the hotel guest card that allows Guest to have a 5% discount in Abbey’s restaurant, bookshop, café and the shop with Benedictine products
-The Reception Desk is open every day from 6 AM to 9.30 PM.
The Reservation Desk operates from Monday to Friday from 8.00 AM to 4 PM.
(In other time please contact The Reception Desk)
e – mail: email@example.com
tel.: 12 68 85 450
fax: 12 68 85 453
The Reception Desk
Operates every day from 6 AM to 9.30 PM.
e – mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
tel.: 12 68 85 452
Living within our community means conforming to the existing order and time-honoured rules. We would like you to read the following rules and respect them while staying at the Abbey:
- Please keep silence in the Guest House, especially in the corridors. It is indispensable for intensifying the inner life of the spirit and spending retreat time fruitfully. Conversations should be held in the rooms or in places designed for this particular purpose.
- If you wish to speak to one of the Fathers, please schedule an appointment through the Guest House Prefect or through The Reception Desk.
- Please obtain the quiet hours between 9.30 PM to 6. AM on the whole Abbey territory.
- You can drive into the monastery churchyard in order to take your luggage to your room or in other special need. There is a dedicated enclosed parking lot for Abbey’s Guests. Please ask The Reception Desk for directions.
- The Abbey’s Main Gate is open from 6 AM to 9.30 PM. Please inform The Reception Desk in case of every later arrival previously.
- It is strictly forbidden to smoke and drink alcoholic beverages at the Guest House. You may smoke only outside the monastery territory (and the churchyard).
- There is an ability to take a rest and a walk in the beautiful Abbey’s garden excepted for the upper garden part that is intended for monks only.
- Payment must be made at the Reception Desk the moment you collect the keys to your room. Credit cards are accepted.